Thursday, January 17, 2013

Scandanavian Stitches Book Review

With the cold weather and it being dark out so early, I find myself doing more wintery things. This includes doing more reading and I've recently started to order books on Amazon. How did I not do that before!? I love to peruse all the sewing, craft and art books. I can spend more time than I care to admit looking at books, creating wish lists, and ordering.

I pick wine by the label, and it turns out that I also like to pick books out that way! I love to look at the covers, and pick them that way. Just letting the cover catch my eye, title, and of course the subject, too.

It was fun to pick out a few books, just based on stumbling upon them.
One such book is Scandanavian Stitches by Kajsa Wikman .

It's a wonderful book filled with beautiful and simple projects. Here is a doll I made from the book. She was very fun and quick and just took little bits of fabric, thread, buttons to make.

The wings are made of a fabric which is a lightweight metal mesh. Her hair is cotton rope, seperated into
strands. I used some hand dyes ribbon to help her fly.



She is a nice addition to this cabinet.

1 comment: